Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Getting started!

Considering I just started uploading my pictures to microstock yesterday I think I'm off to a rather nice start!!

Shutterstock is really quick!! I got my photos up and accepted within a day which was wonderful. They require you to submit 10 photos for initial approval and if you don't have at least 7 they approve you have to wait 30 days to try again. I got 7/10 approved and was able to find out why the others were rejected and after seeing it from another person's view I agreed. I'm pending 6 more photos for today.

Fotolia has up to a 90 hour wait for accepting images which stinks (in the terms of being anxious), so I have 16 pending currently. I'm anxious to see what they like.

123 Royalty free is pretty quick as well!! However only 7 out of 15 photos downloaded were accepted which kind of brings me down. I currently don't know which ones were rejected because they must have been barely approved. *Edited: Found out which ones were disapproved and I'm rather surprised on a few other them. They only down "Poor Lighting/Composition" on all 8 of them which boggles my mind. But as my husband said, "each one wants different things."

Istockphoto currently has my three main images still pending, but I have a feeling I won't be approved with them. I am sure my instincts are correct - I totally chose the wrong ones to send.

Dreamstime is pending my 15 photos.

Big stock photo is pending the 13 images I've uploaded.

DepositPhotos required I upload 5 photos to be accepted, just sent them off a few hours ago so I'm pending.

So far 7 images accepted in two nights on two websites, which isn't bad because my original goal was 5-10 accepted images each week if I can keep it up. Hopefully I'll see more approved in the next few days!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is great news! sounds like you are off too a great start! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa!! I appreciate the help you have given me a ton!! Hope someday I can be as good as you too :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online