Saturday, February 6, 2010

More equipment

In hopes to advanced further my husband and I have been discussing needs and wants when it comes to photography. For me to grow I really want to get photoshop because my pictures are not always coming out 100% how I want them to. The past few days I've been playing with Inkscape, which allows you to make vector images and I'm finding out the simplest edits on that is killing my computer.. which leads me to want a better computer. I know if Inkscape is causing this much freezing that photoshop will be a death sentence.

Now I'm not sure if I'll be able to convince him that I need these items, but I'm getting closer to that goal. In fact I already have a new bigger corner desk that we bought yesterday for a lovely price of $99. Not too shabby! Step #1 complete. There is one catch - my husband wants me to start putting my photos up on microstock sites within the next few weeks. So I'm sorting out the pictures I love that do not require any edits, renaming them so I can organize them better, and already am eying this website called Isyndica which will upload your photos directly to the microstock sites you enter. When they say they can save you up to 80% of your time uploading they're not kidding! If you think about how you have to individually upload to all the different microstock sites, add model and property releases, and then keyword everything it sounds very time consuming! I'm still looking into it, but I think it's a given I'll be using it soon!

*Updated: Convinced husband to get a new computer and monitor as well. He's such a doll. The monitor is an LG 23" monitor, 2 ms response time, 50,000:1 Digital Fine contrast ratio, and 1920 x 1080 maximum resolution which to me equals a nice monitor! The computer is an HP - Pavilion Desktop with AMD Phenom™ II quad-core processor 820; 8GB DDR3 SDRAM; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; LightScribe labeling; 1TB hard drive; wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/n); Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - all that matter is it handles a lot of pictures, photoshop, editing pictures, and everything else I'll be doing on this computer. The guys at the place we got it from say it will so they'd better be right ;)

As our agreement, now I have to start getting my photos up and selling. Some reason I'm nervous!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Wow...way to go! sounds like you are all ready to start selling your photos! Let me know if you need any help!

    Melissa King
    www.melissaking.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate it a lot, Melissa! You're so great! I sent you an e-mail asking for your referral links to microstock sites and isyndica so you get credit for them!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online