Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rejection

Now I'm not normally one to "complain" about rejection, because I deal with it all the time. However one of the micro-stocks I found and applied for today and sent in my top three photographs rejected them. They sent me an E-mail saying:

"Unfortunately we cannot accept your contributor application with these photos.

Here are the reasons why:
Unfortunately these images are not unique enough to warrant adding them to our
website. Your images are good, but we have enough flowers, landscapes, pots and
pans, etc. and we are not approving more of this type of image. Our best advice
is to expand your horizons and look for something new and unique to photograph.
Do some searches on CanStockPhoto.com and sort by \"downloads.\" This will give you a great example of the types of images that are actually being purchased."

I'm rather lost by the suggestion in this E-mail. They're telling me the images are not unique enough to add - however to look through the images they already have pictures of and get ideas of the things that are being downloaded already. Wouldn't that warrant them as still not being unique?

I did E-mail them asking about the pictures themselves and if at least one applied (one was a llama, one a golden retriever and one was a mannequin holding a heart). Hopefully I'll hear back from them.

Give them a try - Buy & Sell Photos at CanStockPhoto.com and tell me your luck!

*Wanted to add I'm not really complaining, just confused about how they want me to be unique by following other people's ideas. I understand their need to find things suitable to what sell best or are wanted on their site, that makes sense to me. I know in a week I'll be trying my luck again!! Hopefully this time armed with things they want!
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online